To enhance and diffuse knowledge, to stimulate research and to provide facilities for surgical training in the field of Otology, Otoneurology and allied, like-minded people met in the month of January 1990 in Bombay. The following members were present.
- Dr. K. K. Ramalingam (Chennai),
- Dr. Mahadevaiah (Bangalore),
- Dr. P. G. Visvanathan (Coimbatore)
- Dr. M. G. Tepan (Pune),
- Dr. Anand Shah (Mumbai), and
- Dr. Prabodh Karnik (Mumbai).
It was decided that to achieve this aim, a society should be formed.
The Founder Office Bearers were:
- Dr. A. Mahadevaiah - President
- Dr. K. K. Ramalingam - Secretary
- Dr. T. K. Sethuraman - Treasurer
- Dr. M. G. Tepan - Vice President
- Dr. Anand Shah
- Dr. Prabodh Karnik
- Dr. P. G. Visvanathan